- Factors That Affect a Circuit Board Design
- Standard vs. Custom Circuit Board Design
- Dissolution of PCB Metals Using Surfactant-Producing Bacteria
- Assembling Circuit Boards With Power Circuits
- Basic Circuit Board
- Printed Circuit Board
- Benefits of Flexible PCB Fabrication
- Questions to Ask When Working with a PCB Fabrication Company
- Outsourcing Circuit Board Fabrication Increases Customer Satisfaction
- Why Recycling Circuit Boards is Important
- The Popularity of Robotic Competitions
- Understanding the Importance of Quality Circuit Board Design
- Hiring a PCB Board Assembly Company to Reduce Costs
- Tips for building circuit boards
- How Is a Print Circuit Board Made?
- High Volume Requirements for Some Production Houses
- Ways to Save Money When Building Printed Circuit Boards
- Jobs Where Machines Have Replaced Humans
- The Printed Circuit Board Assembly Process
- Types of PCB Assembly Technologies
- Switching to solar power
- Top Reasons for Computerizing Products
- Circuit Boards Through the Years
- Circuit Board Faults – How to Find Them
- What Are Circuit Boards
- Circuit Board Components
- Circuit Boards and Product Stewardship: Environmentally Friendly Tech
- Fabrication of Printed Circuit Boards for Extreme Environments
- Printed Circuit Boards Toughen Up
- DIY PCB
- Solder Masks in Circuit Boards
- Using PCB Layout Software
- The Various Roles of Modern Circuit Boards
- The Efficiency of PCB Layout Software
- Circuit Boards in Modern Commercial Environments
- The Benefits of Using PCB Layout Software
- The Growing Popularity of Circuit Board Design Software
- Discounts and Specials on Circuit Board Design
- The Economics of Printed Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design in the Engineering Field
- The Growing Complexity of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Standard Vs. Custom
- Popular Aspects of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Which Options Are Best?
- Avoiding Circuit Board Design Errors
- Circuit Board Design Common Errors and Solutions
- How to Create a Circuit Board Design
- What To Consider Before Designing A Printed Circuit Board Online
- 5 PCB-Inspired Technologies Used in the Army
- Human Concerns: 4 Reasons Self-Driving Cars Aren’t Available to the Public Yet
- Top 5 Apps Every Smartphone User Should Download
- Top 4 Interesting Facts About the Future of Robotic Prosthetics
- Top 7 Fun Facts about Printed Circuit Boards
- Top 5 Interesting Facts about Watches
- Mac or Windows: A List of Pros & Cons
- 5 More Ways to Make a Living Online
Ways to Save Money When Building Printed Circuit Boards
No matter what industry needs a new prototype for a printed circuit board (PCB), everyone could use some savings when it comes to technology. A smaller company just starting might need to find cheap PCB to get their product moving along. Depending on what type of product the client plans to make, they might lower their price by choosing the traditional through-hole PCB building process over the more modern and condensed surface mount technology (SMT).
What Are Some Ways That Companies Can Save Money On Their PCB Orders?
There are a few different ways that clients can reduce their cost on their initial order, at least, so they can get things started. They might find that they can spend more once they start turning a profit from the first batch of PCBs produced. Either way, when a client needs help finding something that works in their budget, it is important for technology companies to do what they can to add new clients, within their capabilities.
Below are a few considerations clients can make when planning to hire a company to build their printed circuit board assembly: Full-Spec 2-Layer PCBs. With a 2-layer board, many companies are willing to build small batches and provide a quick turnaround time for a smaller fee per unit.
Count on a Slower Turnaround Time. Sometimes patience pays off. If a company does not need production for about three weeks, they can probably broker a good deal and save a significant amount of money. They can contact a reputable manufacturer to see if they will work with them. Use a Good Software Program or Drawing Package. With this step, the manufacturing company can easily locate and use the components that the company needs for their boards. The Client's Designers Should Review the Gerber File and the Excellon in Separate Files. By doing this, clients can provide a fully accurate prototype to them for production.
Leave Plenty of Space on the PCB. Designers for the client need to leave at least 100 mils between the components and the printed circuit board's edge. Keeping the board clean will prevent the manufacturing company's workers from having to spend any time editing their product, which results in additional expenses. Attempt to Minimize Trace Lengths. This step is another way to keep costs lower by lessening the release of emissions since each signal needs the right amount of time to pass.