- Factors That Affect a Circuit Board Design
- Standard vs. Custom Circuit Board Design
- Dissolution of PCB Metals Using Surfactant-Producing Bacteria
- Assembling Circuit Boards With Power Circuits
- Basic Circuit Board
- Printed Circuit Board
- Benefits of Flexible PCB Fabrication
- Questions to Ask When Working with a PCB Fabrication Company
- Outsourcing Circuit Board Fabrication Increases Customer Satisfaction
- Why Recycling Circuit Boards is Important
- The Popularity of Robotic Competitions
- Understanding the Importance of Quality Circuit Board Design
- Hiring a PCB Board Assembly Company to Reduce Costs
- Tips for building circuit boards
- How Is a Print Circuit Board Made?
- High Volume Requirements for Some Production Houses
- Ways to Save Money When Building Printed Circuit Boards
- Jobs Where Machines Have Replaced Humans
- The Printed Circuit Board Assembly Process
- Types of PCB Assembly Technologies
- Switching to solar power
- Top Reasons for Computerizing Products
- Circuit Boards Through the Years
- Circuit Board Faults – How to Find Them
- What Are Circuit Boards
- Circuit Board Components
- Circuit Boards and Product Stewardship: Environmentally Friendly Tech
- Fabrication of Printed Circuit Boards for Extreme Environments
- Printed Circuit Boards Toughen Up
- DIY PCB
- Solder Masks in Circuit Boards
- Using PCB Layout Software
- The Various Roles of Modern Circuit Boards
- The Efficiency of PCB Layout Software
- Circuit Boards in Modern Commercial Environments
- The Benefits of Using PCB Layout Software
- The Growing Popularity of Circuit Board Design Software
- Discounts and Specials on Circuit Board Design
- The Economics of Printed Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design in the Engineering Field
- The Growing Complexity of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Standard Vs. Custom
- Popular Aspects of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Which Options Are Best?
- Avoiding Circuit Board Design Errors
- Circuit Board Design Common Errors and Solutions
- How to Create a Circuit Board Design
- What To Consider Before Designing A Printed Circuit Board Online
- 5 PCB-Inspired Technologies Used in the Army
- Human Concerns: 4 Reasons Self-Driving Cars Aren’t Available to the Public Yet
- Top 5 Apps Every Smartphone User Should Download
- Top 4 Interesting Facts About the Future of Robotic Prosthetics
- Top 7 Fun Facts about Printed Circuit Boards
- Top 5 Interesting Facts about Watches
- Mac or Windows: A List of Pros & Cons
- 5 More Ways to Make a Living Online
Understanding the Importance of Quality Circuit Board Design
Most people are well aware that electronic devices have circuit boards in them. And while circuit board failures happen all the time within computers, many people don't realize just how disruptive it can be when a circuit board is defective in a major appliance or gadget. In fact, it wasn't that long ago (June, 2015) that TTC subways were shut down during the morning rush hours due to a defective circuit board. This led to millions of people being unable to make it to work on time and other destinations.
The primary problem that the defective circuit board led to was the inability to communicate with each train. Because of this, the safety critical system was last, meaning there was no communication via the radio system. The circuit board that was believed to be defective was in one of the transfer switches, and so at 6:30 AM the trains were halted.
All together, the trains were shut down for a full 90 minutes. Not only did this anger commuters, but it caused residual delays. And while riders would have enjoyed having shuttle buses as an alternate form of transportation, none were called because the TTC CEO knew the outrage and competition for getting on the buses would only lead to chaos.
In addition to shutting down TTC, various communication methods were affected, including emails and phones. Because of this, this led to TTC's e-blast system, which informs customers of the delays, to be interrupted, too. Some people may think that shutting down the train system was overreacting, but as the Mayor stated, the best decision was made because the trains simply shouldn't operate if there is no communication with them, and there wasn't.
Many people are wondering how one defective circuit board could halt train service for so long. Truth is, though, almost all circuits run together. And while backup systems are in place to overcome defective issues, these systems for some reason did not activate.
The importance of quality circuit board design and manufacturing cannot be undervalued. After all, with one defective circuit board comes the ability to shut down an entire subway and train system.