- Factors That Affect a Circuit Board Design
- Standard vs. Custom Circuit Board Design
- Dissolution of PCB Metals Using Surfactant-Producing Bacteria
- Assembling Circuit Boards With Power Circuits
- Basic Circuit Board
- Printed Circuit Board
- Benefits of Flexible PCB Fabrication
- Questions to Ask When Working with a PCB Fabrication Company
- Outsourcing Circuit Board Fabrication Increases Customer Satisfaction
- Why Recycling Circuit Boards is Important
- The Popularity of Robotic Competitions
- Understanding the Importance of Quality Circuit Board Design
- Hiring a PCB Board Assembly Company to Reduce Costs
- Tips for building circuit boards
- How Is a Print Circuit Board Made?
- High Volume Requirements for Some Production Houses
- Ways to Save Money When Building Printed Circuit Boards
- Jobs Where Machines Have Replaced Humans
- The Printed Circuit Board Assembly Process
- Types of PCB Assembly Technologies
- Switching to solar power
- Top Reasons for Computerizing Products
- Circuit Boards Through the Years
- Circuit Board Faults – How to Find Them
- What Are Circuit Boards
- Circuit Board Components
- Circuit Boards and Product Stewardship: Environmentally Friendly Tech
- Fabrication of Printed Circuit Boards for Extreme Environments
- Printed Circuit Boards Toughen Up
- DIY PCB
- Solder Masks in Circuit Boards
- Using PCB Layout Software
- The Various Roles of Modern Circuit Boards
- The Efficiency of PCB Layout Software
- Circuit Boards in Modern Commercial Environments
- The Benefits of Using PCB Layout Software
- The Growing Popularity of Circuit Board Design Software
- Discounts and Specials on Circuit Board Design
- The Economics of Printed Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design in the Engineering Field
- The Growing Complexity of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Standard Vs. Custom
- Popular Aspects of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Which Options Are Best?
- Avoiding Circuit Board Design Errors
- Circuit Board Design Common Errors and Solutions
- How to Create a Circuit Board Design
- What To Consider Before Designing A Printed Circuit Board Online
- 5 PCB-Inspired Technologies Used in the Army
- Human Concerns: 4 Reasons Self-Driving Cars Aren’t Available to the Public Yet
- Top 5 Apps Every Smartphone User Should Download
- Top 4 Interesting Facts About the Future of Robotic Prosthetics
- Top 7 Fun Facts about Printed Circuit Boards
- Top 5 Interesting Facts about Watches
- Mac or Windows: A List of Pros & Cons
- 5 More Ways to Make a Living Online
Basic Circuit Board Terminology
Many people think of circuit boards as being used in personal computers and laptops, but they've been around much longer than these devices have. For instance, removable circuit boards were first used in a particular brand of color television when color TVs were the latest thing on the market. Today, thanks to PCB pcb fabrication technology, all but the most basic of electronic devises have a circuit board as a part of their inner components. Circuit board terminology is also something that the average consumer may not be familiar with, but a little basic knowledge can help unravel the circuit board mystery. Following are some basic terms that every consumer should learn.
Copper tracks connect two points on the PCB through conduction. Widths vary depending on the specific currents used. Pads
These are small copper surfaces that serve as a base for components to be soldered directly onto the board. The two separate types of pads are thru-hole pads and surface mount pads.
The majority of modern devices now come with a large variety of component packages. The three main component packages are: Thru-hole packages Ball grid array Surface mount packages
Different component packages have different uses. For instance, a ball grid array package is most commonly used in personal computers and video accelerator cards. Surface mount packages are commonly used in smaller devices.
Plated holes are used to make connections between components on opposite sides of the board. These allow currents to pass safely through the board and reach the component on the other side. Silicon Wafer
A silicon wafer is a disk made of silicon which contains several integrated circuits. Silicon wafers reflect rainbow-colored patterns.
A chip is an integrated circuit that is created on a semiconductor and then cut away from the wafer. It is also called a "die." Components
Components refer to any and all of the basic building blocks of any electrical equipment.
This refers to the decals on a printed wiring board that are called legends. They are generally numbers or letters that denote serial numbers, logos, and parts numbers.
Circuit board terminology is vast and complicated, and there are many other words associated with this technology. As further advancements are made in circuit board manufacture and production, the vocabulary will undoubtedly increase signficantly.